Wednesday with Camille

 This morning, I finished the final cooking of a batch of mixed citrus perl that I am making into candied fruit peel. once it cooled, I drained the sugar syrup liquid off and put it into a container. It is wonderful for flavoring teas and cocktails, as we!! As sparking water. Then I placed the peel on a tray covered in wax paper to dry, and covered it with granulated sugar. 

Around 11:30 this morning, I started cooking some homemade Cuban black bean soup. I had soaked the dried beans in water overnight in preparation. 

I spent this rainy day inside, enjoying the company of my animal family: my terrier dog, Ellie, and my two birds, my grey cockatiel, Ric, and my blue crowned conure, Earl. Such pleasant time!

For dessert tonight, I made lemon pudding with fresh blueberries and banana in it, rimmed with miniature vanilla wafers.

I used the banana peel from the banana to start some banana water, which is very good for green houseplants.

I made an interesting gin and tonic with some of the earlier mentioned citrus syrup, a lemon twist, some grapefruit sparkling water, and London dry gin, enjoyed over ice. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Spiced Sugar

This Afternoon