Avis Jewelers: A Bright Spot in my Day

 Earlier this afternoon, I purchased a stunning Sterling Miraculous medal, and an 18 inch Sterling chain for it at Avis Jewelers, right here in Thomasville, NC. They were very polite and helpful, and imagine my surprise when I received a 25 percent discount on both items! Very happy customer! 

I had been looking for a celebratory item, as I recently completed RCIA and became "officially" Catholic.

My Dad, Delmer Green, had joined the Church in the spring of 1986, and I had wanted to then, as well, but because of societal and familial issues, I decided to just do the training then, along with my Dad, but not formally join the Church. He was getting enough backlash over joining; my doing it too would have made things worse for both of us. My Dad's sponsor, Gloria Leonard, and the priest at Our Lady of the Highways at the time, Father John Murphy, both knew it. 

Thanks to Avis Jewelers, I have a beautiful gift to celebrate my becoming Catholic!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Spiced Sugar

This Afternoon

Wednesday with Camille