Saturday at CVS

At 10:30 this morning, I arrived at the CVS store on Westchester Drive in High Point NC, to pick up a prescription for my mother. When I walked in the main door of the store, I noticed that the pharmacy area was dark, and the privacy screen that is normally used when they are giving vaccinations was in front of the pharmacy counter. The automated phone system kept saying: "Welcome to CVS Pharmacy.", over and over. I asked a cashier at the front store counter about why the pharmacy wasn't open, and when it might be. As it turns out, she was an employee that normally works in the pharmacy itself, and she said that the pharmacist had "called out", and that they could not open the pharmacy without a pharmacist on duty. She apologized for the inconvenience, and went on to tell me that the district store manager was trying to find a pharmacist for that store, and they were hoping to be open by lunch, but that so far they had not heard back from him about anything definite. 
I needed a few items from the Food Lion grocery store in the same shopping area as the CVS store, and so I went ahead and did that. I stopped back in CVS at 11:45, and at that time the pharmacy still was not open, and they did not know a timeframe of when it would be. The cashier did tell me that they would not put already filled prescriptions back in stock for 14 days, and again apologized for my inconvenience. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Spiced Sugar

This Afternoon

Wednesday with Camille