This Afternoon

Between 230 and 300 this afternoon, Ellie and I were taking a walk in the front yard, and we noticed a woman approaching. She was walking along the Old Thomasville Rd., coming from town(Thomasville). She staggered out into one lane of the road, and a charcoal grey SUV honked its horn at her to move out of the road. 
She stood in Penny Road for a few minutes and looked at me and Ellie, then started moving towards us. She had a small black backpack, and another black drawstring bag that looked like the kind you might carry a water bottle in. She was white, with blonde hair, and had on red shorts and a white shirt.
I estimated that she was around my age(58), plus or minus 5 years. 
She appeared to be either inebriated or high.
She called "Hey, Lady", to me as she moved toward Ellie and me. I was at the same time moving towards the house with Ellie.
She asked about what breed of dog Ellie was, and told me that she'd had a Chihuahua once. Part of the time, she shielded her eyes from the sun with her arm, like the light hurt them. 
The last thing that she said to me was: "My friend is with me." The thing was, no one was with her, even in the vicinity. 
I got to the kitchen door, came inside with Ellie, and locked the glass door. I stood and watched her as she moved on, walking along the Old Thomasville Road towards High Point. Ellie barked until she was out of sight.
I told my mom about her after the fact.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Spiced Sugar

Wednesday with Camille